Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Making Others Happy


Someone on my twitter opined that "you can't make everyone happy and if you try, you'll become very unhappy."

I said I agreed with the first part of the sentence but not the second.

She asked me for my reasoning.

I gave an example saying I had this friend I cared deeply about and tried to make happy in my own way but this 'friend' made it clear to me in no uncertain terms that she hated me and that I was a bad person.

Yet I was not unhappy as a result of this simply because I remained and had remained true to myself and my instincts throughout my friendship with her and understood that she had a personal issue with me which left me unaffected, for the simple reason that I have no issues with myself. 

At least not now that I've grown up and fully accepted myself, both in my flaws and strengths.  

No comments:

Post a Comment