Tuesday, 15 November 2016

The Desire for Power


This was an insight I gained in a moment of clarity years ago which quickly baffled me but I now regard as true: the desire for power over others is born out of a polarity of fear (not to say self-loathing following the cycle of I have suffered so I shall make others suffer). 

Even the most cunning controllers and manipulators of the entire planet are slaves to fear, as was indeed the evil Emperor in Star Wars who had no one to answer to except his own fear-based consciousness forcing him to seek control over the whole galaxy.

Perhaps this is due to the fact that they identify with the physical realm and therefore lack the comfort and soothing nature of the non-physical, invisible realm, i.e. the metaphysical one. 

The path of fear-based power, however, is ultimately and inevitably one that leads to self-destruction as Anakin Skywalker (who became Darth Vader) would testify. 

No comments:

Post a Comment